What if your phone Galaxy Nexus is locked and you forgot the password or the phone becomes very slow in response because the phone memory becomes full or some apps causes the problem? The best thing you can do is to make a full hard factory reset .
Just what is a hard reset? Well , it's a simple process using the device buttons that restore your phone back to its default factory settings. It gets rid of all information, applications as well as all media files installed . Be sure to back up all data and information stored on the phone before doing this.
Below is the procedure on how to hard reset Galaxy Nexus .
1. Turn off the phone or simply pull the battery out and insert it back again.
2. Hold Volume down and up button + Power On button until reset menu appears.
3. Select Recovery Mode by using the volume keys to move through the available options.
4. Press Power On button to select. The device will restart in Recovery mode.
5. When robot appear + exclamation point hold again Volume Up and Down button + power On button
6. Select wipe data/factory reset.
7. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
8. Select reboot system now.